Professor Ziming Kou is the Head of the National-local Joint Engineering Laboratory of Mining Fluid Control, and dedicates to the research of mining machinery engineering and automation. He has hosted the National High-Tech R&D Program (863 Program), National International Science and Technology Cooperation Project, National Natural Science Foundation of China, National 12th Five Year Plan support project, National Key R&D Plan, and many other projects. He has more than 60 granted international and domestic patents, published over 60 SCI and EI papers, formulated 5 national industrial standards, and was awarded Ziming Kou Labor Model Innovation Studio by Shanxi Federation of Trade Unions in 2019.
12/2012-present: Professor, Head of the National-local Joint Engineering Laboratory of Mining Fluid Control, Taiyuan University of Technology, China
12/2011-11/2012: Visiting Scholar, University College London, UK
01/2006-11/2011: Professor, Head of Shanxi Research Center of Mining Fluid Control Technology Engineering, Taiyuan University of Technology, China
12/1996-12/2005: Professor, Head of Mechanical Engineering Department, Taiyuan University of Technology, China
09/1984-11/1996: Lecture, Taiyuan University of Technology, Taiyuan, Shanxi, China
09/1992-07/1995: Ph.D. in Mining Machinery Engineering, China University of Mining and Technology-Beijing, China
09/1987-07/1990: M.Eng. in Mining Machinery Engineering, Taiyuan University of Technology, China
09/1980-07/1984: B.Eng. in Coal Mine machinery, Xi’an University of Science and Technology, China
➢ Selected Publications
1. Yujin Li, Ziming Kou, Basic Theory of Mine Hoisting System, China Coal Industry Publishing House, 2013. (In Chinese)
2. Ziming Kou, Jianli Yang, Mechanism and Application Technology of Coal Dust settlement, China Science and Technology Press, 2012. (In Chinese)
3. Lan Cai, Ziming Kou, Huixia Liu, Jixie Gongcheng Gailun, Wuhan University of Technology Press, 2004. (In Chinese)
4. Zhongquan Ren, Ziming Kou, Can Zhao, Theory and Method of Modern Mechanical Design, China Coal Industry Publishing House, 2000. (In Chinese)
5. Ziming Kou, Analysis and Detection of Dynamic Characteristics of Hydraulic Support, Metallurgical Industry Press, 1996. (In Chinese)
1. Ziming Kou, Fen Yang, Juan Wu, Tengyu Li, Application of ICEEMDAN energy entropy and AFSA-SVM for fault diagnosis of hoist sheave bearing, Entropy, 22(12) (2020) 1347.
2. Tengyu Li, Ziming Kou, Juan Wu, Shaoni Jiao, Qinghua Mao, Analysis of eddy current response to lay length of wire rope with pancake coil and experimental study, Journal of Mechanical Engineering, 56(16) (2020) 13-21.
3. Yandong Wang, Ziming Kou, Guohua Cao, Dynamic modelling of a multi-cable driven parallel platform with guiding devices, Mathematical and Computer Modelling of Dynamical Systems, 26(3) (2020) 253-267.
4. Juan Wu, Shuai Huang, Ziming Kou, Research and optimization of intelligent diagnosis algorithm based on rope tension, Measurement, 147 (2019) 106892.
5. Juan Wu, Ziming Kou, Jing Liu, The acoustical behavior of contra-rotating fan, Mathematical Problems in Engineering, 2018 (2018) 3739067.
6. Jing Zhang, Ziming Kou, Design and size optimization of flexible hinge based on unit of four-link linkage, Acta Aeronautica et Astronautica Sinica, 38(11) (2017) 303-312.
7. Juan Wu, Ziming Kou, Theoretical coupling longitudinal-transverse model and experimental verification of transverse vibration of rope for multi-rope friction hoisting system, International Journal of Coal Science and Technology, 3 (2016) 77-84.
8. Juan Wu, Ziming Kou, Gongjun Cui, The tribological properties of carbon fiber reinforced polyimide matrix composites under distilled water condition, Industrial Lubrication and Tribology, 68 (2016) 212-219.
9. Juan Wu, Ziming Kou, Min Liang, Guoxiong Wu, Analysis and experiment of rope transverse vibration for multi-rope friction hoisting system, Journal of Huazhong University of Science and Technology (Natural Science Edition), 43(6) (2015) 12-16,21.
10. Juan Wu, Ziming Kou, Min Liang, Guoxiong Wu, Theoretical model and experimental verification of the coupling longitudinal-transverse vibration of rope for friction hoisting system, Journal of China University of Mining and Technology, 44(5) (2015) 885-892.
➢ Research Interests
Mining machinery engineering, including:
1. Dynamic, control and fault diagnosis on mining hoisting system and belt conveyor system;
2. Intelligent control systems of main coal flow in coal mine;
3. Intelligent auxiliary transportation system;
4. Inspection robots in coal mine;
5. Hydraulic control systems.
➢ Research Supervision
PhD and Master students.