Xuefeng Shu is a Professor at Taiyuan University of Technology, China. He used to be a member of the Chinese Society of Mechanics, a member of Special Committee on Solids Mechanics, Vice President of Shanxi Mechanics Society, and Director of the Special Committee on Solids Mechanics. He has hosted and participated in 7 research projects of National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), over 10 major science and technology projects at provincial and ministerial level. He has published more than 100 high-level academic papers, authored one book and authorized 6 China National Invention Patents, and the related research results have been widely cited and praised in the field. He has won 1 first prize, 2 second prizes and 1 third prize form the Natural Science Award of Shanxi Province. Over 20 PhD Students and 50 Master Students have graduated under his guidance, most of them have become the backbone of universities/research institutes/enterprises.
07/2016-present: Vice-chancellor, Taiyuan University of Technology, China
07/2011-07/2016: Dean of Graduate School, Taiyuan University of Technology, China
05/2000-05/2001: Visiting Professor in Mechanics, National Research Institute of Canada, Canada
04/2000-present: Professor, Taiyuan University of Technology, China
10/1990-04/1997: Lecturer, Taiyuan University of Technology, China
09/1990-12/1995: Ph.D. in Solid Mechanics, Taiyuan University of Technology, China
09/1985-07/1988: M. Eng. in Solid Mechanics, Taiyuan University of Technology, China
09/1981-07/1985: B. Eng. in Engineering Mechanics, Taiyuan University of Technology, China
➢ Selected Publications
1. Guitong Yang, Xuefeng Shu, Plastic Mechanics, China Building Materials Industry Press, 2000. (In Chinese)
1. Yulong He, Peiwen Zhang, Zhong You, Zhiqiang Li, Zhihua Wang, Xuefeng Shu, Programming mechanical metamaterials using origami tessellations, Composites Science and Technology, 189 (2020) 108015.
2. Gesheng Xiao, Xuexia Yang, Ji Qiu, Chao Chang, Erqiang Liu, Qian Duan, Xuefeng Shu, Zhihua Wang, Determination of power hardening elastoplastic constitutive relation of metals through indentation tests with plural indenters, Mechanics of Materials, 138 (2019) 103173.
3. Ji Qiu, Tao Jin, Gesheng Xiao, Zai Wang, Erqiang Liu, Buyun Su, Dan Zhao, Xuefeng Shu, Effects of pre-compression on the hardness of CoCrFeNiMn high entropy alloy based an asymmetrical yield criterion, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 802 (2019) 93-102.
4. Gesheng Xiao, Erqiang Liu, Tao Jin, Xuefeng Shu, Zhihua Wang, Guozheng Yuan, Xuexia Yang, Mechanical properties of cured isotropic conductive adhesive (ICA) under hygrothermal aging investigated by micro-indentation, International Journal of Solids and Structures, 122 (2017) 81-90.
5. Buyun Su, Zhiwei Zhou, Gesheng Xiao, Zhihua Wang, Xuefeng Shu, Zhiqiang Li, A pressuredependent phenomenological constitutive model for transversely isotropic foams, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 120 (2017) 237-248.
6. Xiaochao Jin, Zhihua Wang, Jianguo Ning, Gesheng Xiao, Erqiang Liu, Xuefeng Shu, Dynamic response of sandwich structures with graded auxetic honeycomb cores under blast loading, Composites Part B-Engineering, 106 (2016) 206-217.
7. Tao Jin, Zhiwei Zhou, Xuefeng Shu, Zhihua Wang, Guiying Wu, Longmao Zhao, Experimental investigation on the yield loci of PA66, Polymer Testing, 51 (2016) 148-150.
➢ Research Interests
Elastic-plastic mechanics, impact dynamics, multi-scale mechanical behavior of functional materials and structures in multi-physics field
➢ Research Supervision
PhD and Master Students