Guoxing Liang teaches engineering graphics, theoretical techniques of 3D laser scanning survey and 3D printing, and theoretical techniques for preparing superhard tools at the College of Mechanical and Vehicle Engineering where he serves as a professor for undergraduate and postgraduate education. He was a recipient of the Shanxi Teaching Achievement Award in 2018. More than ten of his patents have been authorized in the past decade. Major recent proposals are as follows:
(1) The technology of single layer abrasive pattern tools, such as electroplating cBN tools and laser brazed diamond tools for gear honing.
(2) Laser assisted additive manufacturing technology for cutting tools.
(3) Study on common mechanisms and critical techniques of fiber reinforced mineral composites in practical applications of the machine tool bed.
(4) Ultra-high-speed grinding components with a shape of narrow-deep-groove. Research contents include the theory of heat distribution ratio in grinding process, grinding mechanism for machining narrow-deep-groove components, etc.
12/2018-present: Professor, Taiyuan University of Technology, China
11/2018-12/2012: Associate Professor, Taiyuan University of Technology, China
11/2012-12/2005: Lecture, Taiyuan University of Technology, China
8/2002-12/1998: Technician, Environmental Protection Equipment Institute of Electric Power, China
02/2016-02/2017: Visiting scholar. in IMWF Stuttgart, University of Stuttgart, Deutsch
10/2013-05/2014: Visiting scholar. in Mechanical school, University of Hertfordshire, England
09/2006-12/2010: Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Taiyuan University of Technology, China
09/2000-07/2002: M. Eng. in Mechanical Engineering, Taiyuan University of Technology, China
09/1994-07/1998: B.Eng. in Mechanical Engineering, Taiyuan University of Technology, China
➢ Selected Publications
1. Guoxing Liang, Lijun Dong, Engineering Graphics, China Water & Power Press, 2020. (In Chinese)
1. Mohammed Al-Nehari, Guoxing Liang, Grinding mechanism of high-temperature nickel-based alloy using FEM-FBM technique, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 112 (2021) 87-105.
2. Yonggui Huang, Guoxing Liang, Donggang Liu, YAG pulsed laser brazing of cBN to steel matrix with Zr modified Ag–Cu–Ti active brazing alloy, Diamond & Related Materials, 104 (2020) 107732.
4. Guoxing Liang, Siegfried Schmauder, An investigation of the influence of initial roughness on the friction and wear behavior of ground surfaces, Materials, 11 (2018) 237-259.
5. Hongshuai Ma, Guoxing Liang, Ming Lv, Investigation on friction and wear behavior of AISI 4340 steel in dry sliding condition, Tribology, 38 (2018) 59-66.
➢ Research Interests
Theoretical techniques for preparing superhard tools, laser assisted additive manufacturing technology for cutting tools, laser additive enhancing cutting tools
➢ Research Supervision